Monday, December 13, 2010

Girlfriend Material by: Melissa Kantor


Kate is bummed to find out that her mother is dragging her away to Cape Code for the summer when all she wants to do is spend time with all of her friends. The only positive side Kate sees in leaving is that they will be staying with her mom’s best friend, whose daughter, Sarah, is the same age as her.

Once they arrive in Cape Cod, Kate realizes that Sarah couldn’t be less interested in her and she feels like the beginning of her summer is destined for disaster and lonely days. However, things start looking up for Kate, especially when she bumps into a boy named Adam at the town bookstore.

I really enjoyed this book. It is a quick read, and I could relate to the main character, Kate. Although this author, Melissa Kantor, is quite popular, this is the first book I had read of hers. I look forward to reading more by her. Out of a possible 5 stars, I would rate this book a 4, and I would highly recommend it, especially for the female reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment